South Carolina’s agricultural and forestry roots run deep. They are two of our oldest industries. This includes food processing, livestock, produce, wood/lumber, paper and forestry-related companies.
Orangeburg County, as the largest rural county in the State, is a large part of this success -consistently ranking among the top 5 counties in agricultural sales.
For more information visit the AG Commission website
- The Agricultural industry has an annual economic impact of $41.7 billion statewide.
- The industry is responsible for nearly 10 percent of the economic activity in South Carolina, and accounts for a total employment of 212,530 jobs, representing 10.5% of the state’s workforce.
- The State is home to 3.2 million acres of agricultural land and 13.1 million acres of forestland.
- Forestry is the No. 1 manufacturing sector in terms of jobs (90,320) and labor income ($4.5 billion).
- Forestry is the No. 1 export commodity from the Port of Charleston, at $1.5 billion.
- Forestry is the No. 1 agribusiness crop totaling $759 million.
- South Carolina Forestry Commission officials announced that the economic impact of the forest products sector represents an $18.6 billion contribution to the state’s economy.
Companies In Orangeburg County
Companies who have found a home—and found success—in Orangeburg County.